30th International Colloquium Plastics Technology
Colloquium Plastics Technology
For further information, please find the link below. For registration, please use the attached registration form.
Wednesday, March 11, 2020, 8:30amCopyright: Institute for Plastics Processing
The coming International Colloquium Plastics Technology, due to take place on 11–12 March 2020 in the Eurogress Aachen, will be a very special occasion: It will be the 30th time that the world of plastics meets up for the Colloquium in Aachen and, at the same time, we will celebrate in 2020 not only the 70th birthday of IKV but also the 150th anniversary of RWTH Aachen University.
The delegates at the 30th Colloquium will be able to attend a total of 15 lecture sessions, each consisting of two presentations from IKV scientists and a keynote paper from an industry expert. As far as the topics are concerned, the sessions will cover the entire range of IKV research. In addition, around five plenary papers given by speakers from science and industry will draw attention to special trend topics.
The accompanying trade show, the traditional get-together on the evening before the Colloquium and the tour of the IKV laboratories and pilot plants will offer an excellent opportunity for networking.
Topics of the 15 sessions at a glance
- Process-setup in injection moulding by Human-Machine-Interfaces and AI
- Throughput increase and quality assurance in packaging technology
- Advanced fluid modelling in rubber processing
- Precise, reproducible process control for injection moulding
- Simulative optimisation of mixing and die technology in extrusion
- New methods for testing and quality assurance of high-perfomance FRP
- New injection moulding products using melts loaded with blowing agents
- Integrative simulation methods for optimised injection moulding products
- Plasma modified barriers and membranes
- Digital Shadows for data based material and process characterisation
- Multi scale material modelling for predicting part properties
- Developments for the resource-efficient production of PET bottles
- Process and design optimisation in additive manufacturing
- Increasing precision in injection moulding by controlled solidification
- Quality features of UD tape-based laminates for forming simulation